Frequently asked questions:
- Are you accepting new patients? Yes, we are accepting new patients. Please call or text us (little blue pop up in the right corner)
- Do you accept walk-ins? We make it a priority to have always available same-day sick appointments, but you will have to make an appointment ahead of time. We do accept out of state patients (visitors) for urgent appointments, by appointment.
- What insurances do you accept? HMSA all plans, including QUEST, Aloha care, Blue Cross Blue Shield, UHA, United Health Care (Commercial and Quest), HMAA, Aetna, Cigna, Tricare-West (out of network provider). Please check with your insurance.
- What hospitals are you on staff with? Maui Memorial Medical Center and Kapiolani Women's and Children's hospital.
- What is the parking situation? There is plenty of free parking on site.
- I'm expecting and would like my baby to be a patient at CHAMPS Pediatrics. What do I do? Congratulations! You can schedule a complimentary prenatal class with our Pediatrician or request a prenatal consultation to meet the doctor. Read more here.
- How do I prepare for my first newborn visit? When you are admitted to the hospital, be sure to inform Labor and Delivery that Dr. Irene Papaconstadopoulos will be your child's Pediatrician. Once you deliver your baby, the hospital will inform us of your baby's arrival. Please text us on Klara to schedule your first appointment. We will make sure to have available appointments for newborns, but it is recommended you call on the day of birth. We try to schedule all newborns during the morning. In the case that you have had a home birth, we require to have the first in person appointment in the first 3-4 days of life.