Caregiver Resources* - Links and books
● Sesame Street has a great page on talking to children about emergencies, and tips for making a safety plan with children
● Trinka and Sam and the Big Fire - a downloadable book about a family who lost their house to a wildfire. For some children, this book may be more accessible, because it is about mice and written in a storybook form.
● Tip sheet from the National Child Traumatic Stress Network
● Book list to support children in coping with disasters
● If you are concerned about your child’s mental health, you can call or text Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) Disaster Distress Hotline: 1-800-985-5990