Walk-In Visits Are Still Prohibited At All Times
To protect the health and safety of our patients and staff we cannot accommodate walk-ins at any time.
This allows us to safely control the flow of patients in the office and avoid the use of waiting areas.
Dr. Irene Papaconstadopoulos, MD is a Licensed Medical Doctor in the State of Hawaii and Europe, a Board Certified Pediatrician and a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics with more than 10 years of experience in hospital and outpatient Pediatrics.
Current positions held:
- Co-founder of CH.A.M.PS Pediatrics in Maui, where she practices as a Private Pediatrician
- Part-time Pediatric Hospitalist for Maui Memorial Medical Center (Hawaii Permanente Medical Group).
- Clinical instructor for John A. Burns School Of Medicine, University of Hawaii
- Affiliate of Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women and Children
You can see her full bio here
- Holistic Treating the whole child, taking into account mental and social factors, rather than just the symptoms of the disease. We try to meet with the entire family and work with the caregivers as a team in making decisions for the child’s health.
- In line with the Hippocratic Oath: Do no harm. We follow the latest evidence-based guidelines and base our information from peer-reviewed resources. Because children deserve care that is based on scientific evidence of the highest standards.
- Oligopharmacy. Practicing the art of “less is more”. Prevention is most times the best treatment.
- Pedagogy/Andragogy (educating children/educating adults). Knowledge is power. In today’s world of misinformation, one of our goals is to give patients and parents trustworthy resources regarding their health. Complimentary classes for new parents and first aid classes for our enrolled families are offered via Zoom.
- Technology. Using state of the art equipment and methods of communicating with our parents real-time, the moment they need it. We offer secure texting, a telehealth platform, a patient portal, electronic forms and a virtual check-in process with the option for online payments, so you can submit everything before your visit and focus on what is important: your child. The aim is for parents to be able to communicate with the doctor directly, no one in between.
- Ecology. We advocate for the conservation of our natural resources since this is the environment we will hand down to our children. Our office is paper-free to eliminate waste but also to save you valuable time.
Maui Health’s Medical Minute Provides Back to School Tips For Children After Staying Home During COVID-19
posted: Aug. 12, 2021.Dr. Irene Papaconstadopoulos, a pediatrician with Child and Adolescent Maui Physicians – or CH.A.M.PS Pediatrics – provides back to school tips for children after staying home during COVID-19. Going back to Read more
Breastfeeding week 2021. Recommendations we follow for a breastfeeding-friendly medical office.
posted: Aug. 06, 2021.The following evidence-based recommendations for the pediatric outpatient practice should be considered as part of the practice-improvement process to increase breastfeeding rates to meet or exceed the AAP recommendations and Read more